For Children Aged 3 – 6 years
Our Little Dragons programme teaches not only Martial Arts in a fun environment, it teaches children to be good citizens and prepares them for adult life.
There have been countless stories of how people have changed their lives with the many benefits that come with practicing martial arts. However, one big misconception still exists: that martial arts are only for adults.
Contrary to what many people think, martial arts can benefit children as much as or maybe even more than it can for adults! And these benefits go beyond just keeping them fit and healthy; they provide qualities and life lessons that are undeniably valuable to a growing child. Our programme is a fun and active way for your child to learn basic martial arts skills, though that’s not all....
Discipline and focus are so important and hard to build in children nowadays, and as parents you would no doubt agree with this. But with martial arts, a child will learn focus, patience, restraint, and the many qualities that come with discipline. The same level of discipline and focus obtained from practicing martial arts will no doubt become a part of their daily lives and help them in so many ways..
During these specially designed classes your child will:
- Learn to share and cooperate
- Build fundamental motor skills, balance, fitness and strength
- Develop greater confidence and self-esteem
Also Independence skills such as:
- Ability to follow instructions
- Acting respectfully and taking turns
- Showing self-control
- Increasing awareness of body and space
- Demonstrating responsibility
- Developing speech and language
- Problem solving
- Promoting physical strength
- Encouraging socialisation
- Stimulating curiosity
- Developing a love of learning and Promoting coordination and stamina
Little Dragons Classes are run on Thursday Evenings at 18:30 and Saturday Mornings at 09:00 and are 45 mins long.